What does a Board Member do?
The Board of Directors works to ensure FFHS never loses sight of our mission and what it takes to be successful. As a FFHS volunteer, you can help your local animal shelter continue to thrive.
- Membership in good standing at Friends Forever Humane Society (for over 3 months)
- At least 18-years of age and bondable
- Commit to a minimum of one term (3 years).
- Devote a minimum of six to eight hours per month on FFHS business
- Willing to attend planning sessions, training programs and shelter events.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Not a relative or family member of, or in a significant relationship with, a FFHS employee.
How to I apply for a Volunteer position?
Applications are accepted year-round, but must be submitted for consideration no later than December 1st for terms beginning the following month. Click on the link below and then submit your application to:
Chairman of the Nominating Committee
Friends Forever Humane Society
966 W. Rudy Rd.
Freeport, IL 61032
What happens once I have applied?
- The Nominating Committee will contact qualifying applicants by December 1st to arrange an informal interview if necessary. Applications are reviewed for past experiences, educational background, and the applicant’s ability to help maintain the shelter’s financial accountability in a responsible manner.
- A slate of nominees will be presented to the FFHS Board prior to the Annual Membership Meeting.